:)


    NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CON. ROOM

    Share

    tunfatimah

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2009-05-07
    Age : 33
    Location : Kuala Lumpur

    NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CON. ROOM

    Post  tunfatimah on Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 pm

    Just nak share email nie dengan semua....

    NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CON. ROOM

    For those who sleep in the air-cond rooms ............
    A friend of mine passed away recently.
    Please read the email below and try be more safety conscious!!

    Heard a piece of bad news regarding Charleine, who had
    studied in MSMKL with some of us. She passed
    away last weekend due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    It happened when she lighted an aromatheraputic
    candle for the night in a room with air-conditioning
    on and all windows closed.

    Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the
    candle could not fully oxidize & thus formed dangerous
    carbon monoxide fumes.

    Carbon monoxide gas prevents oxygen exchange in the
    lungs, resulting in the person dozing off in a state of
    unconsciousness & eventual death in less than 1 hour,
    depending on the room size.

    I am sending this e-mail
    out to all of you so that you will be aware of such
    danger when lighting aromatheraputic candles in any
    unventilated rooms.

      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 pm